Bombardier’s INNOVIA 300 system has started its operations on Shanghai Metro’s Line 8 Phase 3 project on 5 April 2018, following the transportation company’s Chinese joint venture CRRC Puzhen Bombardier Transportation Systems (PBTS).
Bombardier Transportation’s contract with Shanghai Shentong Metro is expected to deliver a total of 44 vehicles for the APM system.
Zhang Jianwei, president of Bombardier China commented: “We are very excited to see our INNOVIA 300 system fully automatic driverless system enter revenue service in this city. I’m confident that we will see more Bombardier INNOVIA 300 system APM systems in other Chinese cities in the near future.”
Known as the Pujiang Line, the Shanghai Metro’s Line 8 is a new 6.6km long, dual-lane elevated driverless INNOVIA 300 system that connects Pujiangzhen to the Line 8 interchange at the Shendu Highway Station.
In addition to being an environmentally-friendly option, Mr Zhang added: “Our metro cars equipped with the INNOVIA 300 system Bombardier Nitrac propulsion on Lines one, two, seven, nine and 12 are already moving Shanghai passengers daily; and we also provide maintenance and overhaul service for these cars to ensure passengers’ safety.”
Features of the INNOVIA APM 300 system vehicles include wide doors and rubber tires to reduce noise and vibration. The system also uses the Bombardier CITYFLO 650 CBTC system, a communications-based train control technology that increases the frequency of operations with a shorter distance between two running vehicles.
Bombardier INNOVIA 300 system Transportation has a total of six joint ventures and seven wholly foreign-owned enterprises in China. These entities have delivered more than 3,500 high-speed railway passenger cars, 580 electric locomotives and about 2,000 metro cars to various urban mass transit systems in the country.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Tungaloy’s New NDL Geometry Makes Deep Holes Easier To Drill
● Marposs: Provaset T3
● Cognex: In-Sight Laser Profiler
● Indian State Maharashtra Approves Two Mumbai Metro Projects
● VinFast Deploys Siemens’ Full Portfolio To Deliver Cars Ahead Of Schedule
● Hexagon: Leica T-Probe
● [TMTS 2018] Interview With Mr. Zachary Tsai, Vice General Manager Of Campro Precision Machinery Co. Ltd.
● The Auto Industry: Roadmap To The Future
● Anglo American’s Venture Capital Spin Off Seeks Investors For Renewable Energy Projects
● Kongsberg Digital And Alibaba Cloud To Digitalise Chinese Energy Sector
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!