The EWE digital boring head can connect to Big Kaiser’s smartphone and tablet app. The app helps operators determine optimal cutting parameters for their tool assemblies, and displays changes in cutting diameters. It also logs the tool adjustment history for future reference.
It contains a radio frequency antenna that radiates through the display and battery positioning that simplifies replacement. The head is designed for precision production boring on machining centres, jig
mills, boring mills, transfer machines and high-speed milling machines as well. The enclosed design allows operation with coolant.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Tungaloy: TungForce Rec End Mills
● Tungaloy Adds Grooving And Parting Toolholders To Expand Coverage
● Bystronic Releases BySmart Fiber In 4020 Format
● Tungaloy Collet Chuck Sleeve Strengthens ID Turning Capability For Small Diameters
● Walter: Tool Life App
● ISCAR Launches Chipformer For Finish Turning On Superalloys
● MAPAL Group Reports Growth, Expansion In 2018
● Optimised Tool Management Through Integrated Process Chain
● Tungaloy’s Latest TetraForce-Cut Chipbreaker Provides Efficiency in Difficult Grooving
● Sandvik Coromant To Showcase Digital Solutions For Machining Processes At EMO 2019
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!