The DMP 500/2SP is Doosan Machine Tools’ latest addition to its existing line of vertical machining centres. Compared to single-spindle machining centres, this model has two spindles and two automatic toolchangers(ATCs). The system effectively doubles productivity by machining two parts simultaneously, reducing work loading, unloading and idle times.
For reduced set-up times, the right spindle features a W-axis adjustment of 20 mm, allowing quick compensation for any variability in fixture heights between spindles. With the 520.7 mm Y-axis stroke, it offers a machining space well-suited for a range of parts. The dual ATCs feature 1.7 second tool-change times, keeping the tools in the cut longer.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Inspect Early, Reduce Wastage
● Heller HF Series 5-Axis Machining Centres
● New Solid Carbide Milling Cutters For Tool And Mould Making
● Mapal: Drilling From Solid In Steel
● “Fritz Studer Award 2020” To Advance Innovations In The Machine Industry
● Hwacheon on VMCs vs. HMCs
● Tungaloy Enables Efficient Heavy-Duty Roughing of Difficult Materials
● Walter Tools Releases White Paper on Dynamic Milling
● Walter Enables Automatic Detection and Alignment of Tools and Blanks
● Hwacheon D2-5AX – 5-Axis Vertical Machining Centre
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!