DP Technology engineers have worked with Willemin-Macodel to develop highly optimised support within their ESPRIT CAM software to drastically improve the user experience and programming efficiency for the MT series, including output of machine-optimised, edit-free G-Code.
Willemin-Macodel is a supplier of made-to-measure machining solutions for complex, very high precision workpieces offering high added value in industries like watchmaking, jewelry, medical, aviation and more.
Due to the innovative configuration and complexity of certain millturn machines (508MT, 508MT2 X400, 408MT), programming and simulating using conventional computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software can be a challenge. Without the right software to drive those powerful machines, it is difficult to fully utilise their capabilities and realise their complete benefits.
Some of ESPRIT’s key capabilities for these machines include:
- Create and sort operations in the required work coordinates
- Optimise simulation to match the output NC code and actual machine behavior
- Display various operation information to make programming in ESPRIT easier
- Provide a simple interface to set global machine settings
- Offer an easy way to mount vise jaws on the turret
- Offer a quick solution to mount chuck and collet on the main and sub spindles
- Allow programming of tailstock engage and disengage cycles
- Enable programming of vise steady rest engage and disengage cycles
- Let the user flag a milling operation as a cutoff operation
DP engineers also worked closely with Willemin machine specialists to create a turn-key digital machine package, consisting of post processors and virtual machines for the MT series. This eliminates the time spent on editing the G-code and streamlines the machine setup and first article run off for the end users.
For other exclusive articles, visit www.equipment-news.com.
Check these articles out:
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!