STUDER is awarding the “Fritz Studer Award” for the sixth time. Participation in this competition provides young researchers with a platform for their creative solutions. The goal of the award is to advance and strengthen innovative developments in the machine industry.
For this competition STUDER is looking for work and research results with the following content:
- Innovative machine concepts or components for precision machine tools
- Alternative materials in machine construction
- Simulation models for dynamic and thermal behavior of machine tools
- Control and sensor concepts for machine tools
- Digital Solutions to support the grinding process
- New or advanced manufacturing technologies, especially in precision machining, such as grinding, hard turning etc.
Requirement: Substantiated results and feasibility
The research prize is aimed at graduates from European universities and technical colleges. Anyone who has focused on scientific topics or applied research areas in their student research project, college work or dissertation is invited to participate. The applicant should also be able to produce substantiated results or partial results from their research work. What is crucial for the assessment? Firstly, the feasibility of the findings in the machine industry. Secondly, the approach must be new. Scientific content, form and accuracy of the statements will also be assessed.
A prestigious jury will assess the submitted entries and choose the winner or winners. The jury includes:
- Dr.-Ing. Konrad Wegener, Director of the Institute of Machine Tools and Production at ETH Zurich
- -Ing. Hans-Werner Hoffmeister, Head of Production Technology Department at the Institute for Machine Tools and Production Technology at TU Braunschweig
- -Ing. Frank Fiebelkorn, Head of Research and Technology at Fritz Studer AG.
The winners will receive a reward of CHF 10,000, the Fritz Studer Award and a certificate. The award ceremony will take place in mid-February 2021.
Check these articles out:
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!