skip to Main Content
GE Aviation And SIAEC Establish Joint Venture

GE Aviation & SIAEC GE Aviation And SIAEC Establish Joint Venture

GE Aviation And SIAEC Establish Joint Venture

Le Bourget, France: GE Aviation and Singapore Airlines Engineering Company Limited (SIAEC) have partnered together for an engine overhaul joint venture based in Singapore.

A provider of engines, components and mechanical systems for aircrafts, GE Aviation will hold a 51 percent equity stake, while SIAEC—a provider of aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services in Asia Pacific—will have the remaining 49 percent in equity stake. The contract is still subject to finalisation of the definitive agreements and receipt of required regulatory approvals.

“SIAEC is delighted to join hands with GE Aviation in setting up a facility in Singapore to provide reliable and high quality services for the latest generation of GE engines,” said Png Kim Chiang, chief executive officer of SIAEC.

David Joyce, president and chief executive officer of GE Aviation, said the collaboration will ensure aircraft engine operators have access to the full range of engine MRO services and support for the GE90 and GE9X aircraft engines. The GE90 engine powers the Boeing 777-300ER and 777-200LR aircrafts, and the GE9X engine powers the Boeing 777X aircraft.

The joint venture will establish a new facility in and combine advanced technologies as well as lean practices with digitisation and data analytics to maximise productivity.


Volkswagen Re-establishes Presence In Iran After 17 Years
Taiwan’s Manufacturing PMI Increased For 16 Consecutive Months
Back To Top