The CyberCon4 sensor system by Heimatec can be used to measure various tool parameters such as operating time, rpm, temperature or humidity. Collected data is forwarded to a monitoring station after a defined time cycle via Bluetooth technology and can then be used for evaluation and maintenance activities.
A moisture sensor detects entry of liquids, such as cooling lubricants, into the tool and the machine, so that major damage or machine failures can be prevented. Monitoring software allows for tools equipped with the sensor system to be monitored, hence maintenance cycles can be managed.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● EuroBLECH 2018: Hypertherm Launches Two Metal Cutting Innovations
● Frost & Sullivan Names Top Innovators In The Global Commercial Aircraft MRO Market
● Mould Technology Solution Centre Groundbreaking Ceremony
● Sandvik Coromant To Showcase Digital Solutions For Machining Processes At EMO 2019
● High Speed Accurate Machining
● ITAP 2019: Driving Success Stories With I4.0 Action Insights
● Hexagon Launches Specialist Sheet Metal CAD for CAM
● Increasing Automation, Connectivity And Energy Efficiency In Metal Cutting
● Hexagon Touch Probe Transforms Thickness Measurement on Machine Tools
● EMO Milano 2021: Meet “the magic world of metalworking”
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!