fbpx skip to Main Content
Honda & Hitachi Partner To Develop Motors For Electric Vehicles

Honda & Hitachi Partner To Develop Motors For Electric Vehicles

Honda & Hitachi Partner To Develop Motors For Electric Vehicles

Japan: Honda Motor Corporation and Hitachi Automotive Systems have signed an agreement worth 5 billion yen (US$44 million) to develop engines for electric vehicles.

Honda & Hitachi Partner To Develop Motors For Electric Vehicles Located in the Ibaraki Prefecture in Japan, the joint venture between the two companies is called Hitachi Automotive Electric Motor Systems and is led by president Noboru Yamaguchi. A majority stake (51 percent) will be held by Hitachi Automotive Systems and the remaining 49 percent owned by Honda. The joint venture will construct motors for gasoline-electric hybrids, plug-in hybrids and battery-electric cars, and will have sales and manufacturing functions in the U.S. and China in addition to Japan.

A joint statement released by both companies stated that “the new company will respond to the growing global demand from automakers for electric vehicle motors by developing competitive motors that combine the expertise of the two companies.”

Check these articles out:

Fagor Arrasate Intelligent Stamping Systems Showcased At MetalForm China Fair(Opens in a new browser tab)
LVD Announces Acquisition Of Italian Industrial Automation Firm, COMPAC S.r.l.(Opens in a new browser tab)
4 Other Automakers Join Toyota’s Electric Vehicle Project(Opens in a new browser tab)
Predictive Maintenance Solutions For Machine Tools Reduce Cost The Smart Way(Opens in a new browser tab)
Why You Need ERP in the Metalworking Industry(Opens in a new browser tab)
Boeing’s First 787-10 Dreamliner Delivered For Singapore Airlines(Opens in a new browser tab)
The Auto Industry: Roadmap To The Future(Opens in a new browser tab)
Hypertherm Launches Venture Capital Arm For Advanced Manufacturing Technology(Opens in a new browser tab)
Schaeffler Takes Over Compact Dynamics(Opens in a new browser tab)
GE Aviation Forms Engine Overhaul Joint Venture with SIAEC, Announces New Plant

WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!

FOLLOW US ON: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter

Mazda Strengthens Car Production In Malaysia
Japanese Automakers’ Adaptability Garnered Strong Auto Sales In Indonesia
Back To Top