Intended mainly for aerospace industries as well as for the oil and gas market, the F3S chipformer—the new efficient chip breaker from Iscar—is designed for working with unique and tough-to-machine nickel-based alloys, such as Inconel, Waspaloy, etc., as well as other exotic materials such as titanium-based alloys.
The new F3S chipformer from Iscar has a positive rake angle to ensure a smooth and easy cut, with significant reduction in cutting forces and notable chip breaking results. The F3S chipformer has been designed with geometric features to improve tool life, with a reinforced cutting edge at the area where VG (notch wear) wear tends to occur when machining superalloys and exotic materials, which causes poor surface finish and risk of edge breakage.
The chipformer is available on the most popular inserts – CNMG, WNMG and SNMG – in two main grades, IC806 and IC804, and will be available in the future also on VNMG, DNMG, and TNMG inserts.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● The World Of Tube Processing
● OMAX Presents Waterjet Cutting Technology at EMO 2019
● Vietnam To Remove Import Tax For Auto Materials
● Iscar Expands Modular Exchangeable Drilling Heads Lineup For Large Diameter Deep Drilling
● Singapore’s 50.8 PMI Reading Sees Ninth Consecutive Month Of Expansion
● Siemens Invests In New Materials Solutions Facility
● Sandvik Coromant To Showcase Digital Solutions For Machining Processes At EMO 2019
● Machining Miniature Medical Parts
● Global Aerospace Materials Market To Reach US$10.8 Billion By 2025
● Cutting Tool Inserts To See Ballooning Sales
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!