USA: The Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) and the Robot Revolution Initiative (RRI) have announced an agreement to work together in order to align efforts to maximise interoperability, portability, security and privacy for the industrial Internet.
Joint activities between the IIC and the RRI will include:
- The creation of use cases and requirements for proposals for international standardisation in the field of smart manufacturing.
- Industrial security.
- Periodically hosting joint seminars.
“We are delighted about this new liaison for further collaboration with the Industrial Internet Consortium,” said Hideaki Omiya, chair of RRI. “With the high quality and plenty of data which are accumulated though manufacturing, we believe Japan can greatly contribute to this collaboration in the field of smart manufacturing.”
We look forward to working with RRI,” said Dr Richard Soley, IIC executive director. “This collaboration expands opportunities for IIC members with industry players focused on robotics for IIoT.”
“By industrial internet and IoT, manufacturing business will significantly accelerate optimization along with the vertical and horizontal integration, and product lifecycle,” said Tomoaki Kubo, secretary general of RRI. “I believe a lot of results will be born in this field by meeting RRI’s manufacturing knowledge and the IIC’s advanced testbeds.”
“Advances in robotics, artificial intelligence and analytics are accelerating wide-spread adoption of industrial IoT,” said Wael William Diab, chiar of IIC’s liaison working group, iic steering committee member and senior director at Huawei.
Check these articles out:
● Mitsubishi Motors To Invest Seven Billion Baht In Its Thailand Facility
● Industrial Robots: Robot Investment Reaches Record US$16.5 Billion
● Outlook for Global Robot End-Effector Market
● Innovating Shopfloor Inspection: A Look At The Next Generation CMM
● Putting Automation in the Hands of the People with Collaborative Robots
● Automaker Toyota To Cease Selling Diesel Cars In Europe
● Rolls-Royce Sets Aerospace Record With UltraFan Gearbox
● TRUMPF Asia Pacific Appoints New Managing Director
● Bystronic To Showcase Laser Cutting, Bending Tech At Blechexpo 2019
● Nissan Metal Forming Technology Can Help Keep Classic Cars on the Road
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!