Starnberg, Germany: One year after acquiring the majority stake in Compact Dynamics GmbH, Schaeffler has now acquired the remaining 49 percent stake in the company from Semikron. Through the acquisition of the electric motor manufacturer, the company is expanding its expertise in the field of electric motors.
The acquisition of the remaining shares of Compact Dynamics is a step in the implementation of Schaeffler’s strategy “Mobility for tomorrow”, and electric mobility represents one of the company’s key opportunities for the future. This also includes the expansion of the company’s portfolio through the addition of new products.
Compact Dynamics GmbH, based in Starnberg, Germany, is a development specialist in the field of innovative electric drive concepts with a focus on high-performance drives and integrated lightweight construction in small volume production and motor sport applications. The two companies have been working together for years, including jointly developing the electric drive for the Audi ABT Schaeffler Team in the FIA Formula E electric racing series.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● TRUMPF Reports 6% Revenue Growth in FY2019
● Mitsubishi Motors To Invest Seven Billion Baht In Its Thailand Facility
● MAPAL Group Reports Growth, Expansion In 2018
● Kennametal Unveils Restructuring Plans, Plant Closures
● Taiwan Investing In India’s Electric Vehicle Market
● 4 Other Automakers Join Toyota’s Electric Vehicle Project
● Trains Powered By Hydrogen Will Run In Germany From 2021
● Tigra Expands Production Capacity
● LVD Opens Customer Experience Centre In Malaysia
● Tungaloy Partners With MachiningCloud For Online Metal Cutting Tool Catalogue
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!