The Samputensili SG 160 Sky Grind dry-grinding machine by Star SU is designed to grind gears without using coolant.
The process is split in two main passes: roughing and finishing. For the roughing process skive hobbing is implied, whereas worm grinding is used for the finishing process. The machine removes about the 90 percent of the stock allowance with the first pass using a hobbing tool, which has the advantage of not heating the workpiece excessively. Subsequently, with the second finishing pass, a grinding wheel removes the remaining stock without causing problems of overheating the workpiece, therefore resulting in a completely dry process.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Producing Precision Surface Finishes: Convergence Of Machining & Finishing
● The versatile machine for large tasks
● Walter Tools Releases White Paper on Dynamic Milling
● Stability Across A Broad Spectrum
● Holroyd: TG 350 Rotor Grinding Machine
● TRUMPF Workmate: Digital Assistant for Sheet Metal Fabrication
● Hexagon Releases Complete Solution For Laser Scanning On The Machine Tool
● LVD Announces Acquisition Of Italian Industrial Automation Firm, COMPAC S.r.l.
● Hexagon Touch Probe Transforms Thickness Measurement on Machine Tools
● GEFERTEC At EMO: New-Generation Machines And Applications For 3D Metal Printing
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!