Sumitomo Electrical Carbide AC8000P have made available a series of three grades for steel turning to meet a range of application requirements. They feature an Absotech platinum Chemical Vapour Deposition coating for longer tool life and an overall cost reduction in steel cutting.
The AC8015P grade offers good wear resistance during high-speed, high-efficiency steel cutting.
Designed to be reliable during general purpose steel cutting, the AC8025P grade’s special surface treatment results in improved tool surface smoothness and increased adhesion and chipping resistance.
Finally, the AC8035P grade provides stability during interrupted steel cutting. Its surface treatment reduces residual tensile stress in the coating for increased fracture resistance.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● TaeguTec: ChaseMold RTMX And RTHX Five-cutting Edge Insert Lines
● Tungaloy Expands HP Geometry Line of T-CBN Inserts
● Seco Tools: Secomax CS300 Inserts
● Tungaloy ReamMeister Enables High-precision, High-speed Reaming
● Tungaloy Enables Efficient Heavy-Duty Roughing of Difficult Materials
● Bystronic To Complete Modernisation Of Production Facility
● Hexagon Releases Complete Solution For Laser Scanning On The Machine Tool
● Fagor Arrasate Intelligent Stamping Systems Showcased At MetalForm China Fair
● Seco Tools Releases New Duratomic TM Grades for Stainless Steel Turning
● Element Six: CTB004 PCD Range
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!