Linz, Austria: A provider of steel-based technology and additive manufacturing (AM) processes, Voestalpine AG, has expanded its metal AM activities into Asia and North America.
The Voestalpine company has invested a total of 50 million euros (US$59 million) into the opening of a new metal AM research centre in Singapore, the construction of a new AM technology institute in Taiwan, a production plant in Canada, and expanding its metal powder production for AM at its subsidiaries—Böhler Edelstahl in Austria and Uddeholms in Sweden.
“In line with our global service strategy, we are establishing metal AM services close to our customers. The focus is on applying different additive manufacturing processes to best meet their individual requirements,” said Franz Rotter, head of the high-performance metals division at Voestalpine.
The technology institute in Taiwan is the company’s third research centre for metal AM. The centre will have its own technology that supplements the other research centre’s technologies. The AM plant in Toronto, Canada, is currently under construction.
The Voestalpine company’s recent expansion strategy comes after its launch of an AM centre in Düsseldorf, Germany, in the third quarter of 2016. The team in Düsseldorf focusses on AM production of finely-structured, lightweight small parts and tools, whilst the team in Singapore will specialise in manufacturing and repairing objects weighing up to 600 kg.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Global Dies, Jigs And Fixtures Market To Reach $88.8B By 2023
● TMTS 2018: A Showcase Of Taiwan’s Smart Manufacturing Innovations
● Electric Cars May Cost Less Than Gasoline Cars In 2025
● ZYFRA Showcases AI Predictive Maintenance Software At EMO 2019
● Toyota Motor Opens Battery Recycling Plant In Thailand
● NIMS Partners With OMIC To Develop Metrology Standards And Certification
● Cheto: SiC Deep-Hole Drilling & Milling Machine
● Intel Collaborates With Technion To Develop Isreali AI Centre
● ITAP 2019: Stay Ahead, Stay Relevant
● TRUMPF To Unveil Automated Mass 3D Printing Solution At Formnext 2019
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!