FABTECH® 2021 event came to a close at Chicago, McCormick Place yesterday, after its three-day large-scale held event.
By Ashwini Balan, Eastern Trade Media
FABTECH® is the premier event for the metal fabricating industry since its debut in 1981 and today, it has grown to become North America’s largest metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing product innovations and developments. FABTECH®’s comprehensive offerings such as world-class exhibits, educational sessions, industry experts, and influential keynote speakers certainly has made the yearly event a convenient “one stop shop” venue for keen individuals to find the tools to improve productivity, increase profits and discover new solutions to all of your metal forming, fabricating, welding and finishing needs.
This year, FABTECH® organisers have taken into consideration the covid-19 pandemic situation and have committed to ensuring health and safety were a priority of the event. Despite additional guidelines and procedures incorporated into the event to ensure a safe environment for everyone present, the event never failed to conclude with a roaring success. The event saw about 959 exhibitors listed encompassing three halls at McCormick Place with featured technologies ranging from Additive Manufacturing, Resistance Welding to lasers and Stamping.
Since there were tons of amazing exhibits, keynote speakers, panel discussions, ted-talks and many more, I have highlighted some that I think might be of interest to you.
- Solid Paint Marker that Writes on Oily and Wet Surfaces-Markal®,Tempil®, LA-CO®
- PEMA Nozzle Welding Solution for Heavy Duty Welding-Pemamek
- “Digital Suite” solutions for networking forming technology- Schuler Inc
- The power of the Thunderbit®-WALTER Surface Technologies
- “Automatic Part Thickness Measuring”- FINISHLINE
- Get A Grip: Grippers in Your Robotic Fabricator Package-Mid Atlantic Machinery Automation
- Scan Lenses for CO2 laser processing-Ophir® Laser Optics group
- B-GENIUS-H Series of hybrid press brakes-Revolution Machine Tools (RMT)
- New Rotomac® 25 RM eddy current rotary-Magnetic Analysis Corp
- COOL FRICTION Technology Minimizes Heat, Maximizes User Experience
- TIG 1332 Welding Glove: Goatskin soft, with Cut, Abrasion and Puncture Resistance-John Tillman Co
- Aluminator Grinding Wheel: New Formula for Faster Grinding-Rex-Cut Abrasives
- Manufacturing Leadership in a Time of Change
Speakers – David Ankin (CEO, ToyMakerz Inc), Anna V. O’Brien(Smart Manufacturing Leader, Panasonic), Keith Otterstatter (Director of Operations, Polaris Inc), Scott Sawyer(Co-Founder and CTO, Paperless Parts), Jon Sobel (Co-founder and CEO, Sight Machine).
- State of the Industry: Navigating into 2022
Speakers-Dan Davis (Editor-in-Chief, The Fabricator), Adria Haines (Regional Head of Smart Factory Solutions, Bystronic Inc)
- Into the Unknown: How Leadership, Ingenuity, and Perseverance Put a Rover on Mars
Keynote: Adam Steltzner, Leader & Chief Engineer, NASA Mars 2020 Mission, Rover Perseverance
- The Greatest Machines Ever Made: Cultivating the Next Generation of American Workers
Keynote: Adam Genei, Owner of Mobsteel and Detroit Steel Wheel Co.
- High Temperature Process with 500°C preheating
Speaker- Roland Spiegelhalder (Product Manager, Additive Manufacturing TRUMPF)
- From Challenge to Challenger: Leveraging Additive Manufacturing Strengths to Succeed
Speaker- Maryna Ienina (AM Consultant – Digitalization, EOS North America)
- The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association Int’l (FMA), SME (formerly known as Society of Manufacturing Engineers), Precision Metalforming Association (PMA), American Welding Society (AWS) and Chemical Coaters Association International (CCAI), co-sponsor the sessions on cutting, laser, finishing, forming & fabricating, management, marketing/sales, lean, automation, smart manufacturing, stamping, workforce development, and 3D/additive manufacturing.
- All sessions are 90 minutes in length, offering practical knowledge you can use right away. Sessions with Tech Tours combine classroom instruction with expert-led guided tours on the show floor to see technology operating in designated booths.
- The American Welding Society (AWS) presents a comprehensive lineup of welding education. Led by the industry’s top professionals, programs focus on best practices and new commercial developments in welding and thermal spray. Events include conferences, seminars, RWMA Resistance Welding School, professional program, society events, and more.
Thank you to the sponsors of the event that made it possible:
Future FABTECH® Expos dates are now available on their official website.
Head on down now to be part of the upcoming FABTECH® Expos!
References of Content:
- Official FABTECH Website
- History of FABTECH
- Speakers of event have been credited accordingly.
- The list of exhibits, tech talks, event showcases in this article is not exhaustive of the original list.
You might be interested:
Morf3D Announces New State-of-the-Art Headquarters with SLM Solutions’ Machines.
GlobalData Predicts Future Robotics Unicorns
What Will Move Us Next?: IAA Mobility 2021 Highlights
Global Transition Towards Electric Vehicles Poses Major Challenges
To not miss our exclusive articles, follow us on our social media platforms @Apmen.
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!