Kennametal has announced an expansion of the turret adapted clamping units (TACU): ERready driven units in conjunction with a line of solid ER collets which are threaded to accept screwon milling cutters.
“Together the new TACU ER units and the solid ER collets are a great marriage of technology. Available in sizes ER25 through ER40 with thread sizes ranging from M08 through M16, this innovation provides machining center-like capabilities to your live tool lathe. These new products provide the flexibility to use standard ER collets with solid end mills, or the new solid ER collets together with screw-on indexable milling cutters”, said Ronald West, Manager, Tooling Systems.
Sealed for through-the-tool coolant and there is a one-millimeter standoff for additional clearance on larger end mills with a precision-ground locating boss for minimal runout. It’s a very compact design, reducing the chance of interference on smaller machines. Compared to a standard springstyle ER collet, they’re very rigid, so you can take heavier cuts.
The TACU offering can be used on seven leading brands of CNC lathes, both VDI and boltmounted turrets (BMT) with a variety of static and driven blocks. TACU’s are equipped for internal and external coolant, with up to 12,000 RPM possible on specified driven tools. “This addition greatly increases the capabilities of our TACU offering”, said West.
Check these articles out:
● Seco Tools: Prevent Delamination In Hybrid Stacked Material Machining
● Tungaloy Expands Copy Milling Cutter Diameter Lineup
● Nissan Teaches Robots To Make Replacement Parts For Cars
● Round Tool Concepts: Indexable, Solid or Both
● Walter: M4000 Milling System
● Trends in Tool Development
● New Solid Carbide Milling Cutters For Tool And Mould Making
● One Technology—Many Benefits
● Walter: Porcupine Milling Cutters
● High Speed Accurate Machining
For other exclusive articles, visit www.equipment-news.com.
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!