Ditzingen, Germany: Trumpf, a manufacturer of machine tools, has bought 60 percent of shares in France-based BeSpoon—a provider of sensors, system components and software for position-tracking processes.
The move was to strengthen the company’s portfolio in Industry 4.0. The products designed by the French semiconductor company can locate objects in rooms and production facilities with centimetre accuracy and in real time, which is essential in digitalising complex production processes in sheet metal production.
The ultra-wide band (UWB) location system makes production processes more transparent. Active production control and production tracking can be improved when a manufacturing execution system is combined with real-time location systems.
The semiconductor company’s components enable transparency at all times where individual objects—such as manufacturing orders or semi-finished products—are located within production facilities. This allows the linkage of the real and digital world and thus represents an important enabling technology for future products for digital transformation.
Trumpf will offer the location technology to its customers in the sheet metal processing industry as an integrated solution for enabling smart factories. The company sees high potential for using UWB technology in the assembly, logistics and process environments; and aims to partner with other companies in this field in the future.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Key Factors to Consider When Selecting the Proper Gripper
● Bystronic Releases BySmart Fiber In 4020 Format
● Bystronic: Going With The Flow
● Aluminium Alloy Additive Manufacturing To See 40% CAGR
● Makino Strengthens Presence In Vietnam With New Technology Centre
● AMendate Acquisition Helps Hexagon Minimise Time-to-Print for Additive Manufacturing
● Renishaw: Sprint System On-Machine Contact Scanning
● Interroll’s New Plant In Thailand Fully Operational
● Trumpf Steps Up Expansion Of Smart Factory Solutions
● Wenzel To Showcase Metrology Innovations at EMO 2019
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!