Ditzingen, Germany: Trumpf, a manufacturer of machine tools, has bought 60 percent of shares in France-based BeSpoon—a provider of sensors, system components and software for position-tracking processes.
The move was to strengthen the company’s portfolio in Industry 4.0. The products designed by the French semiconductor company can locate objects in rooms and production facilities with centimetre accuracy and in real time, which is essential in digitalising complex production processes in sheet metal production.
The ultra-wide band (UWB) location system makes production processes more transparent. Active production control and production tracking can be improved when a manufacturing execution system is combined with real-time location systems.
The semiconductor company’s components enable transparency at all times where individual objects—such as manufacturing orders or semi-finished products—are located within production facilities. This allows the linkage of the real and digital world and thus represents an important enabling technology for future products for digital transformation.
Trumpf will offer the location technology to its customers in the sheet metal processing industry as an integrated solution for enabling smart factories. The company sees high potential for using UWB technology in the assembly, logistics and process environments; and aims to partner with other companies in this field in the future.
Consider linking to these articles:
● Marposs Supports The DIGIMAN Project
● Schmersal Group Establishes Subsidiary In Thailand
● TRUMPF Reports Six Percent Revenue Growth in FY2019
● NIMS Partners With OMIC To Develop Metrology Standards And Certification
● The Fully Automated Production Line
● TRUMPF Is Expanding The Scope Of 3D Printing
● ZEISS and Senorics Establish Partnership In Sensor Technology
● heimatec to Showcase New Tool Features and Innovations at METALEX 2019
● Bystronic To Complete Modernisation Of Production Facility
● Frost & Sullivan Names Top Innovators In The Global Commercial Aircraft MRO Market
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!