Tungaloy is expanding its TurnTen-Feed series to include a new insert grade, AH8015, for efficient medium-to-heavy turning of heat-resistant alloys and stainless steel.
Tungaloy TurnTen-Feed incorporates a cost-effective double-sided insert with 10 cutting edges, which is securely clamped on the holder with a Dovetail interlock to ensure high insert reliability and stability during demanding medium-to-heavy turning operations. The dedicated -MNW geometry is designed to provide smooth chip flow when fed at a rate as high as 2 mm per rev (.078 ipr) without sacrificing surface integrity thanks to the built-in wiper flat.
Tungaloy Two types of holders are available extending its application options: the HD (High Depth-of-cut) holder for greater depths-of-cut of up to 7 mm and HF (High Feed) holder which enables high feed turning of up to 2 mm per rev. These two types of holders can accommodate either type of insert.
The Tungaloy AH8015 grade consists of a nano-structured multilayer PVD coating with high aluminium content. Its exceptional wear and fracture resistance contributes to process security during machining of heat-resistant alloys and stainless steel as well as significantly boosts productivity in heavy-duty roughing of difficult materials and large components.
Check out these articles:
● Tungaloy Expands Copy Milling Cutter Diameter Lineup
● Heimatec To Showcase New Products, Tool Innovations At EMO 2019
● ZAYER To Unveil Latest Milling Centre At EMO Hannover
● Significantly Better Surface Finishes Thanks To Vibration Damping
● Hoffmann: Garant MasterSteel PickPocket
● Arno: Solid Carbide Endmill Cutters AFV
● New Standards For Milling tools
● Kennametal Makes Hard Turning More Cost-Effective
● Taking metal to the cloud
● Kennametal KBH10 For Hard Turning
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!