Tungaloy is expanding its DoTwistBall line of copy milling cutters to include additional diameters of shell mills.
The DoTwistBall copy milling cutter is designed to ensure maximum machining reliability during complex 3D milling processes. The insert is constructed in a helically twisted structure that fits the seat constructed in a matching helical profile. This design provides secure insert positioning and fixation with anti-twist protection during machining. In addition, the strong, thick design of the insert helps to withstand machining impact preventing insert fracture.
The cutter body can accommodate either round LNMX-MJ inserts with 4mm, 5mm, or 6mm nose radius or LNMX-HJ inserts for high feed milling, making the cutter extremely effective for machining complex curved surfaces typical in die and mould industries.
The new cutter diameters include ø42mm, ø52mm, and ø63mm in popular shell mill bodies to accommodate the LNMX04 inserts. A total of three cutter bodies are added in this expansion.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Tungaloy’s Latest TetraForce-Cut Chipbreaker Provides Efficiency in Difficult Grooving
● Hwacheon on VMCs vs. HMCs
● EMO 2019: ANCA To Launch Latest Generation Of ToolRoom Software
● Cutting Tool Inserts To See Ballooning Sales
● Walter Expands Perform Product Range With New Milling Cutters With Corner Radius
● India & Spain Announce Plans For Rapid Rail Cooperation
● Sandvik Coromant: GC2220 Turning Insert
● Directing Investments In The Right Way
● Renishaw Demonstrates Additive Manufacturing Capabilities For Spinal Implants
● ISCAR Launches Chipformer For Finish Turning On Superalloys
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!