Tungaloy has successfully designed the insert of its TungForce Rec line of end mills with a “V” bottom that fits into a mating “V” bottom pocket on the tool. This design removes much of the centrifugal forces from the screw, putting the forces into the rigid pocket and allowing much higher revolutions per minute. It also allows for a larger screw of manageable size which increases the stability of the insert. As compared to solid carbide end mills, these features equate to higher metal removal rates.
It is available with a modular head that can use a carbide shank, thereby matching the reach capabilities of solid carbide at a fraction of the price.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● TaeguTec Adds New TOPDRILL For Large Diameter Hole Machining
● Sandvik Coromant: Insert
● Tungaloy Expands Copy Milling Cutter Diameter Lineup
● Tungaloy’s Latest TetraForce-Cut Chipbreaker Provides Efficiency in Difficult Grooving
● Not A Small Challenge: Cutting Tools for Miniature Dental and Medical Parts
● Tungaloy Collet Chuck Sleeve Strengthens ID Turning Capability For Small Diameters
● Walter Expands Perform Product Range With New Milling Cutters With Corner Radius
● Round Tool Concepts: Indexable, Solid or Both
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!