Walter Enables Automatic Detection For correct pre-positioning of tools and blanks prior to machining, WALTER now offers a new TOOL VISION SYSTEM for all its tool grinding / eroding machines with robot loader. This Walter Automatic Detection system detects contact free, the orientation of the tool or blank, with e.g. brazed PCD plates on the front, sintered PCD veins or with cooling channels. The detecting is done automatically and during idle time. This means significant timesaving compared to the manual measurement method, eliminates human errors and avoids damage to the tool due to the non-contact method.
The WALTER TOOL VISION SYSTEM is permanently installed in the robot cell and available with two lenses. The one lens for tool diameter from 1.7 mm to 12 mm, the other lens for tool diameter from 6 mm to 32 mm.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Walter Digitalisation In Practice
● Walter Ewag: Helitronic Vision 400 L tool grinding machine
● Walter: Machining Titanium Quickly And Safely In Aerospace
● Kennametal Releases HARVI I TE Four-Flute Solid Carbide End Mill
● The versatile machine for large tasks
● Sandvik Coromant: Insert
● Nissan Teaches Robots To Make Replacement Parts For Cars
● Walter Ewag: Laser Line Precision
● High Speed Accurate Machining
● Sandvik Coromant Connected Driven Tool Holder Maximises Machine Utilisation
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!