For some time the market has been demanding that machine tools must be “more flexible”, “universal” and “automated”. The equally important requirements of “more specialised” and “more cost-effective” often cannot be reconciled with these demands. However, this is exactly what WALTER has achieved with the latest extension of their grinding machine portfolio, the HELITRONIC RAPTOR. WALTER offers the right machine solution for the grinding of tools for every customer application.
Flexible and cost-effective:
The HELITRONIC RAPTOR is a flexible and universal tool grinding machine especially designed for the grinding and re-sharpening of rotationally symmetrical tools for the metal and wood industry.
The specialised equipment of the HELITRONIC RAPTOR:
“Specialised” means in this case: optimising the important equipment options so that the HELITRONIC RAPTOR is targeted at the re-sharpening sector of rotationally symmetrical tools, in which one usually
– does not require a large variety of automation
– does not require automatic tool support systems
– does not require an automatic change of grinding wheels
– but still requires a high degree of flexibility in the working area for large and diverse types of tools.
For this reason, the HELITRONIC RAPTOR – unlike other machines from WALTER – is not configured for options such as wheel changer, robot loader or hydraulic tool support systems.
Tools with a maximum diameter of 320 mm and a maximum length of 280 mm including end face operation can be ground with the HELITRONIC RAPTOR. For automatic loading of up to 500 tools, an optional top loader, integrated in the working area, is available.
Further equipment features are:
– Low vibration, solid grey cast iron, gantry type construction
– 11,5 KW spindle motor
– Grinding software HELITRONIC TOOL STUDIO
– Top loader (option)
– Glass scales (option)
– Torque drive for the A axis (option)
– Probe for measuring the grinding wheels (option)
– Manual support steady rest (option)
– and other options
For other exclusive articles, visit www.equipment-news.com.
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!