The new M4256, M4257 and M4258 porcupine milling cutters are versatile in terms of both the range of applications and the materials for which they can be used, which include steel, cast iron, stainless steels, and difficult-to-cut materials.
They are available with Weldon shank, modular ScrewFit interface and bore adaption. Their compact length and half-effective design with low cutting pressure allow for a smooth operation, reducing the tendency to oscillate and vibrate to make them suitable even in unstable conditions.
The features of these milling cutters become more prominent when paired with the D51 geometry insert. The chip clearance integral in these porcupine milling cutters make for an effective chip evacuation, especially in flute design where chips cannot fly to the side.
The milling cutters can also be used for ramping, pocket milling, shoulder milling and circular interpolation. They are most likely to be of interest to users operating in the general mechanical engineering sector.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● Tungaloy Launches Indexable Thread Milling Line For Tapered Pipe Threads
● Significantly Better Surface Finishes Thanks To Vibration Damping
● Vietnam To Remove Import Tax For Auto Materials
● TaeguTec Expands ChaseMill Power Inserts Portfolio
● Making Custom Machine—Building Accessible To All Manufacturers
● Global Aerospace Materials Market To Reach US$10.8 Billion By 2025
● Kennametal Releases HARVI I TE Four-Flute Solid Carbide End Mill
● The Perfect Combination for Structural Parts—Faster, Better, Lower Cutting Forces
● Arno: Solid Carbide Endmill Cutters AFV
● Iscar Expands Modular Exchangeable Drilling Heads Lineup For Large Diameter Deep Drilling
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!