With 2021 coming to a close and some countries slowly easing restrictions within their country, the post-pandemic world has certainly been enlightened to how mobility affects us significantly.
By Ashwini Balan, Eastern Trade Media
Mobility can be labelled as an umbrella term that encapsulates a wide range of functions either as enabling mobility or in itself mobility. Especially in our digital world, the possibility is simply limitless from our standard automobiles to digital solutions and urban air mobility. With the global vision of an all-electric future, the organisers of IAA Mobility 2021, have brought together a phenomenal trade show that has been a trending topic among trade leaders, international corporations and fans of the latest automotive innovations.
400,000 participants from 95 countries – 744 exhibitors and 936 speakers from 32 countries – 67 percent of visitors under the age of 40 – international media reach of 137 billion – survey shows very positive exhibitor and visitor response. All these statistics makes it further evident that the premiere of IAA Mobility 2021 in Munich, from the 7th to 12th September, was a roaring success and is now the largest mobility event in the world.
“We took a courageous step and were rewarded by the visitors,” said Hildegard Müller, President of the German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA), which organized the first IAA Mobility this year jointly with Messe München.
“What will move us next?” is the motto of this year’s show with three key pillars being mobility of the future, commitment to constant change, and a platform for all those shaping the future. Among the massive list of exhibits, some were well-known OEMs such as Renault, Hyundai, Ford, BMW, MINI, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Huawei, Microsoft, IBM, Bosch, Magna, Schaeffler, Continental, Michelin, and the bicycle brands Canyon, Specialized, Riese & Müller, Rose, Kettler and many more.
I have narrowed some interesting products and innovations that might be of interest to you.
Products: 176 listed
- Teleoperation – Bridging technology for Autonomous Driving (AD) from Deutsche Telekom AG
- Curated Routes with In-Car Voice Guidance from Road.Travel
- Automated valet parking from Robert Bosch GmbH
- XPENG X2: 5th Generation Flying Car from XPeng European Holding B.V.
- Huawei AR-HUD from Huawei Technologies
Innovations: 340 listed
- Smart locks from ABUS
- ID.5 GTX Camouflage from Volkswagen AG
- BMW Motorrad Vision AMBY
- Drive-by-Wire System Space Drive by Schaeffler Technologies
- Zero Vibration Generator (ZVG) – powered by aFuel® by OBRIST Powertrain GmbH
“We are now evaluating the event and will further develop our strategy so that we can welcome an even broader spectrum of exhibitors at the next IAA MOBILITY, and to continue the dialog on the future of mobility.,” Hildegard Müller said.
Regardless of the event format in Munich, the IAA Mobility will continue operating its website www.iaa.de, making it a worldwide digital platform for the transformation of mobility on the path to climate neutrality, for innovations around cars, bikes, scooters, car and ride sharing, digitization and urban development.
References of the content:
1. Original Article Source: Press Release, IAA Mobility 2021 Website
2. The best photos of the IAA MOBILITY 2021 are available here
3. The film about the IAA MOBILTY 2021 is available here
4. The public-domain photo. and film material is available here
5. The complete list of exhibitors is available here
6. The complete list of partners is available here
You might be interested:
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!