Widia has developed a universal, high-precision collet chuck offering use in multiple applications (milling, drilling, reaming, and tapping), while maintaining runout accuracies of 0.003 mm at 3xD.
Some of the features include added versatility, thicker chuck walls and longer spindle and tool life.
In addition, the collet is available with Safe-Lock pull-out protection from Haimer. Helical grooves are
ground into the shank of the milling tool that, together with the respective pin drivers in the chuck, prevent the tool from spinning or being pulled out of the holder altogether under extreme machining conditions.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ARTICLES
● EMO 2019: ANCA To Launch Latest Generation Of ToolRoom Software
● Sandvik Coromant’s CoroBore 825 Damped Fine-Boring Tool Improves Security And Productivity
● Tungaloy’s Latest TetraForce-Cut Chipbreaker Provides Efficiency in Difficult Grooving
● Tungaloy Adds Grooving And Parting Toolholders To Expand Coverage
● Kennametal: Hydraulic Chuck
● Sandvik Coromant To Showcase Digital Solutions For Machining Processes At EMO 2019
● Tungaloy: TungForce Rec End Mills
● Haimer: Safe-Lock
● Cheto: SiC Deep-Hole Drilling & Milling Machine
● Hoffman Group: Garant Disc Brushes
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!