ZEISS has successfully completed the acquisition of GOM GmbH, a provider of hardware and software for automated 3D coordinate measuring technology. GOM will become part of the ZEISS Industrial Quality & Research segment.
Both ZEISS Completes GOM Acquisition have enjoyed strong growth in the past years and proved successful on the market. The aim is to further strengthen this leading technological position together, especially in the area of optical digitization systems. The combination of existing products and solutions as well as joint innovations in the future will lay the foundation for shaping and entering new markets.
GOM develops, produces and distributes software, machines and systems for industrial and automated 3D coordinate measuring technology and 3D testing. Founded in 1990, the company is headquartered in Braunschweig, Germany, and has a global workforce of about 600 people. Its customers include companies from the automotive, aerospace and consumer goods industries as well as research institutions and universities.
The legal form of the GOM companies in Germany and abroad will remain unchanged, and cooperation with the global sales partners will be continued.
Check these articles out:
● GEFERTEC At EMO: New-Generation Machines And Applications For 3D Metal Printing
● Hexagon Touch Probe Transforms Thickness Measurement on Machine Tools
● Achieving Perfect Gaps And Joints
● Kennametal Launches 3D Printing Business Unit
● Tackling Shop Floor Inspection Challenges
● Rock Solid Foundations: Granite For High Accuracy Measurement
● MVTec Expands Distributor Network in Southeast Asia
● Singapore Polytechnic And Shimadzu Prepare Energy & Chemicals Companies For Digitisation By 2020
● Creaform Expands European Coverage of CUBE-R
● Aicon: Automated Scanning In Production
WANT MORE INSIDER NEWS? SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DIGITAL MAGAZINE NOW!